IMPORTANT CNMC SANCTIONS TO SPANISH AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY
CNMC fine with 171 million euros to twenty Spanish manufacturers and distributors of car brands and two consulting firms for restrictive practices of competition.
-Considers Proven sanctioned exchanged commercially sensitive and strategic information in the Spanish market for the distribution and after-sales service of vehicles participating brands.
-The Accredited anti-competitive practices were conducted in three different areas: areas of business management, sales and marketing.
-The Investigation and punishment of such conduct has been possible thanks to the leniency application made by SEAT. SEAT, S.A. and companies that are part of the group to which it belongs (Volkswagen Audi and Porsche Cars Spain) have been exempted from the fine.
CNMC has decided to impose the following fines:
1. Citroën Automobiles Spain, SA: 14,768 million euros
2. B & M Automotive Spain, S.A .: 776.012 euros
3. BMW Ibérica, SAU 8 million euros
4. Chevrolet Spain, S.A.U .: 138.580 euros
5. Chrysler Spain, SL: 265.5 euros 6. Fiat Group Automobiles Spain, SA:
6. 968 million euros
7. Ford Spain, S.L. .: 20,234 million euros
8. General Motors Spain, SLU: 22,827 million euros
9. Honda Motor Europe Limited branch in Spain, SL: 609,325 euros
10.Hyundai Spain, SLU: 4,415 million euros
11.Kia Motor Deutschland GmbH: 2,074 million euros
12.Mazda Automobiles Spain, SA: 656,390 euros
13.Mercedes Benz Spain, SA: 2,379 million euros
14.Nissan Iberia, S.A .: 3.157 million euros
15.Peugeot Spain, SA: 15,722 million euros
16.Renault Spain Comercial, SA: 18,203 million euros
17.Snap-on Business Solutions, S.L. .: 52.785 euros
18.Toyota Spain, S.L. .: 8,657 million euros
Science 19.Urban Spain, S.L.U .: 70,039 euros
Car 20.Volvo Spain, SA: 1,706 million euros
Access full press note CNMC
A greeting and thanks for reading.